Abiodun OBA |
The newly promoted DIG in charge of Zone 17 , Akure,
DIG DAVID O. FOLAWIYO psc(+), mni, today, performed the pioneering Commendation and Awards Ceremony for Officers of Ondo and Ekiti States.
In his commendation address, the DIG charged men of the force to put in their best as according to him, the Force shall always recognise and award excellence.
Folawiyo said, ‘Today, we are rewarding excellence; performances that are above average, courage, special abilities, initiative, resourcefulness and their likes… celebrating the traits that elevate people and their societies or communities, by their good works or their reports.’
The DIG who was visibly appreciative of the gallant men, remarked, “We are celebrating the fact that we have officers and men that we can depend on, even in the face of challenges and impediments to our goals and purposes… officers and men we can be proud of”.
The DIG enumerated the objectives of giving the recognition and meritorious awards to deserving officers across all ranks as provided by Police rules and directives thus:
▪ To make officers and men feel valued for their work;
▪ To boost individual engagement of officers that are so deserving and to improve their loyalty to the Force;
▪ To make the recipients feel a sense of achievement and keep striving to reach more heights in tasks they undertake;
▪ To encourage others to aspire to improve; and
▪ To sell out or project such recipients for higher responsibilities, where the awards also serves as a form of recommendation.
While urging the recognized officers of the zone not to rest on their oars for bigger things to come, the DIG charged others to also strive and discharge their duties with diligence, professionalism and patriotism to qualify for recognition and commendation.
About 60 officers and men were given official recognition for their good work and Commendation Award for excellence.
© 2020, maritimemag. All rights reserved.