Italian who brought Coronavirus to Nigeria now negative but won’t be discharged

 

The Italian national that brought COVID-19 to the country and receiving treatment at the Infectious Disease Hospital, IDH, Yaba, had tested negative to the disease.

The State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi disclosed this on Thursday at a news conference to give update on the pandemic.

Abayomi said it was good news for Lagos and Nigeria for the index case to test negative.

He said he would not be allowed to go yet until a confirmatory test had been carried out within 48 hours, saying that if he tested negative the second time, he would be discharged.

The Italian was tested negative for Coronavirus on Thursday 27, February, 2020.

The patient entered Nigeria on the 25th of February from Milan, Italy for a brief business visit to LaFarge.

According to Abayomi, “He fell ill on the 26th February and was transferred to Lagos State Biosecurity Facilities for isolation and testing.

“COVID-19 infection was confirmed by the Virology Laboratory of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, part of the Laboratory Network of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

“The patient is clinically stable, with no serious symptoms, and is being managed at the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos.”

Recall, that the Italian had gone to LaFarge, where he had contacts with staff of the company. Forty people were later quarantined at LaFarge, out of which one tested positive for Coronavirus.

© 2020, https:. All rights reserved., Attribution and link to nigeriamaritime360.com is required if you wish to use any of the articles on this site

0 Comments

No Comment.