Our guest this week, Iju Tony Nwabunike is the current National President of the Association of Nigeria Licenced Customs Agents, ANLCA and Managing Director/CEO Mac-tonnel Nigeria Limited.
Nwabunike is an astute, sterling and passionate professional who has brought many qualities to bear in the Freight Forwarding, political, social and oil sectors, assumed office as ANLCA presidency in April, 2018.
The handsome Chief Executive has over three decades experience in the Nigerian maritime industry where in addition to being a Managing Director of a licensed customs agent firm, has evolved into an expert in maritime,import, export trans -border trade and inter-modal transport matters.
He has served in various government and private sector committees in the maritime sector and has presented papers in several conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings
As a resource person, he has been in the fore of sensitising the Nigerian maritime community on the need to brace up to the challenges and demands of their participation in the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Agreement.
He once served as the Secretary-General of ANLCA (Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents) from 1999 – 2004. When he ensured regular monitoring and implementation of necessary corrective measures in the operations of the maritime industry.
Nwabunike is an alumnus of the University of Nigeria, University of Lagos and Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu.
He is a graduate of Business Administration and Management from the Institute of
Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu State.
He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from University of Nigeria, Nsukka and a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from University of Lagos.
In all of these, he said he was able to pay his school fees and gained admission into secondary school after two years of hard work and savings from street hawking.
Nwabunike has a loaded professional resume.
- Maritime Diploma in National Institute of Shipping “Fellow” “FINS”
- Chartered Freight forwarder- Council for the regulation of freight forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN)
- Executive Member – Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies, Nigeria
- National President: 2018 – Date, Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents
(ANLCA Head Quarters) Amuwo-Odofin.
- President –Total Eradication of Sharp Practices in Nigeria Ports (T.E.S.P.I.N.PNGO).
- Pioneer Chairman of the board (Council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria, CRFFN).
- Secretary General: 1999 – 2004 Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA Head Quarters) Apapa.
- Chapter Chairman -1996-1999 (Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents, ANLCA)
- Secretary: 1999 Constitutions Review Committee, Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA)
He is a pioneer member of the Chartered Institute of Transport Administration (CIoTA)
- Member Institute of Directors of Nigeria (No. 3313)
According to him, he loved well prepared African food but has no particular favourite food.
Nwabunike, a board member of CRFFN loves combination of white and black colours.
How do you relax?
I am a family person and enjoy quiet times alone with good music.
What are the things that turn you on?
Am excited when I meet my set targets and goals.
I think it is disconcerting to realize that people can draw conclusions from insinuations and baseless assumptions about others with verification.
How do you manage women admirers?
To admire is a good thing and I also complement same.
Your experience as President of ANLCA.
ANLCA is a quasi governance in Nigeria where ethnicity, religious inclinations and social class are principal factors that tug at good leadership. It requires one to be resolute, firm and focused. Successful leadership of ANLCA is possible indication of capacity to lead the country.
© 2020, https:. All rights reserved., Attribution and link to nigeriamaritime360.com is required if you wish to use any of the articles on this site